by Sean Owens
by Sean Owens
The Instagram Contest will end at 11:59 p.m. on April 20, 2018 EST.
All contestants must be registered students at UNCW at the time of entry.
HOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST:
1: Contestants must follow ETEAL’s Instagram account, “UNCWETEAL”.
2. If the contestants account is private you must accept a follow request from the UNCW ETEAL account.
3. Photos or 30-second videos must have the following information in the caption area: @UNCWETEAL, #ExploreYourTeal and the associated Applied Learning experience hashtag (Listed below). Identify with what category you want to be a part of by:
4. Contestants may only submit to one category per entry (one photo or video post is an entry).
5. Contestants may have up to one submission per category. The FIRST submission from a student in each category will be the official entry.
6. Photos that are tagged with @UNCWETEAL and #ExploreYourTeal will be reposted to the UNCW ETEAL Instagram account, the official contest platform, using the RepostApp or a screenshot and reposted to the UNCW ETEAL Instagram account.
7. Pictures and videos can include material from DIS and honors student research, internships, class experiences, and study abroad.
8. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns or has secured the copyrights and privacy rights to any and all artistic works contained in his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights to UNCW.
9. Entries must have been taken within the 2017‐2018 academic year.
10. Entries must be made by the closing date of April 20, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
One winner will be selected from each of the ETEAL Applied Learning categories: classes, internships, service-learning, study abroad, and undergraduate research. One Grand Prize winner will be chosen out of all the categories.
The Fan Favorite (most likes) from each category will be considered for Honorable Mention.
In order for Student Organizations to participate in the contest, they must be a registered UNCW student organization. The stipulations include: posting a picture/video of the student organization member participating in an applied learning activity/experience and post from the organization’s Instagram account.
The winners and recipients of each prize will be determined by the ETEAL Advisory Board and the students in COM 438: Advertising II. Prizes to be awarded may include but are not limited to ETEAL Merchandise, gift cards, campus dining food dollars, parking pass upgrade, and more. Prizes may change depending on availability. Winner will be solely responsible for any taxes. The winners of the student organization category will be eligible for an additional prize: free food at the organization’s meeting of choice.
Winners will be notified by 6:00pm on April 23, 2017. All determinations are final.
Prizes will be distributed on April 24, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in the FSU Clocktower Lounge. A form of ID is required to claim the Prize. Prizes awarded to a Student Organization may only be claimed an officer listed with the Campus Activities & Involvement Center (CAIC). A winner must take possession of the prize by April 27, 2018, 5 p.m. EST or the prize will be forfeited.
Winners do not have to be present to receive prize.
Any content that violates the UNCW Student Code of Conduct, North Carolina State law, or US Federal law will be automatically disqualified.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection: By submitting their photos, contestants agree to give UNCW the irrevocable right and permission to copyright and publish their submittal that their images can be used in any type of publication for its research, educational and promotional purposes by the university.
By submitting entry to the contest, contestants agree to terms and conditions listed above.