In today’s schools systems, children are being taught how to use technology in the classroom as early as kindergarten. Along with being taught how to use iPods, iPads, computers, etc. comes the use of social media. Social media is nearly impossible to avoid and there are a multitude of applications that everyone in the world has access to if they have some sort of access to technology. Businesses and people use social media to advertise their companies, express themselves and publicize topics of interest. What sparks my interest, is that generations before us were able to thrive and lead successful lives and businesses without social media. While social media has its positive effects, there are also negative effects as well.
- Business can connect with their target audience for free. Radio ads and commercials are increasingly becoming more and more expensive.
- We are now able to communicate our thoughts and ideas with people all over the world. There is no barrier.
- People are able to unite on a much larger platform for the attainment of a specific objective.
- Many people become addicted to social media and it can lower the motivation of young adolescents.
- Kids are being exposed to sex, violence, etc. at an age where they are still impressionable.
- Users share too much personal information that anyone can have access to.
Unfortunately, in today society we are not able to escape social media outlets and technology. It is inevitable, and if businesses want to stay in competition then unfortunately they have to conform.
What do you think?
Sloane, Addison & Pauline
Ali, I. (2015, June 25). Positive and Negative Effects of Social Media on Society. Retrieved from http://www.techbead.com/positive-and-negative-effects-of-social-media-on-society/