Hello fellow Seahawks, it is your time to show off your school spirit this week for UNCW’s Homecoming. This week is packed with fun events for students, alumni and friends, leading up to the Women’s and Men’s basketball games this Friday and Saturday.
Are you on campus today? It’s our favorite day of the week… Teal Tuesday! If you are wearing your teal stop by Hawk’s Nest from 11-1pm for free t-shirts, giveaways, and make your own sign for Homecoming week. Later in the evening, show your support for your fellow students at Battle of the Bands in Warwick from 8-11pm. Five bands will be competing for a cash prize, judged by American Idol look-a-likes, including Bigg B from 97.3. You can help determine the winner by attending and voting for your favorite band!
Students are constantly using social media to find out information about upcoming events. Campus organizations have decided to use Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to promote UNCW’s 2016 Homecoming Week. If you plan on attending any of the homecoming events, make sure to snap a picture and use the hashtag #UNCWHC16.
This week UNCW’s campus organizations will be promoting Homecoming week with banners, posters, and flyers on Chancellor’s Walk. Follow the social media sites, @uncwilmington and @uncwace to keep up with Homecoming 2016 events.
Here’s a preview for UNCW’s 2016 Homecoming events:
- Dub Idol 8pm in Kenan Auditorium
- Amy Rolloff 7-10pm in Burney Center
- Homecoming Variety Show 7pm in Warwick Center.
- Homecoming Pep Rally 5:30-7pm in Hanover Gym
- Women’s Basketball UNCW vs. Towson 7pm in Trask Coliseum.
- Homecoming Step Show 7:30pm in Kenan Auditorium
- College of Arts and Sciences 5K 8:30am
- Intercultural Festival (iFest) 10am-2pm in Burney Center
- Trunk Show & Student TEALgate 4:30pm
- Men’s Basketball UNCW vs. Charleston at 7pm in Trask Coliseum.
-Erin Fouhy, Sarah Garner, Caitlin Rodermund, and Megan Suggs.